Saturday, June 11, 2005

Odd Hours

Just when I conditioned myself to work in the morning shift, it was announced that the 24x7 hours of our account's operation has again been put on hold. Life really is unpredictable. But, since I don't have a choice, I'll look at it in a different view: money-wise. The pay's really good when one is working on a night shift. You get all that night differentials that somehow makes up for the shockingly large tax the government imposes on its working people.

So, I'll have to do with my schedule for now. After all, working on the graveyard shift has never been a problem for me. I'm one of those night people (dracula's next-of-kin, hahaha) who's wide-awake at night and asleep during the day. If my body clock works that way, might as well get paid for it, right?

My concern's with my child. She's in kindergarten now and needs to be attended to before and after school mornings. I can't do that, though. Usually, when I get home, I'm already tired and just about ready to hit the sack. It's my mother who attends to her and I feel sad that it has to be that way. I'd want to do that for my child.

Also, in the afternoons, when she has to do her homework, I'm still asleep. The other day, she already complained that I'm always sleeping. Of course that's because she's asleep when I'm at work and awake when I'm home and resting. Talk about a crazy schedule.

My husband is on the same boat. We have almost the same schedule. I can only hope and pray that our child doesn't develop some kind of problem over that. We do try hard to give her our undivided time and attention during our days off.

I don't want to look for another job, though. I like my work now and it pays really well. So, my best option really is the morning shift. I'd be working while she's at school and there for her in the late afternoons and evenings.

Well, I'm praying now that the 24x7 hours of operation goes through and as soon as possible. That would really be great news for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »